|One of the BEST kept SECRET in franchising is MASTER FRANCHISING which is sometimes known as Regional Developers. Everyone understands that franchising is about duplication and consistency. Everyone is looking for the next McDonalds. But did you ever ask yourself if YOU own the next McDonalds, WHY would you franchise?
Company’s franchise for two very basic reasons, an excellent source of capital and the ability to help insure consistency by owners having a vested interest in the success of their operation.
Master Franchising allows you to strategically partner with the Franchisor and share in the growth of the concept by managing and growing a region. The KEY word is “Managing.” You own the rights from the Franchisor to develop and manage a defined territory, which can be a large metropolitan area, an entire state, an entire region or even an entire country. As the owner of your territory you grow the concept by selling franchises with your region. Your reward is sharing with the franchise company the royalty revenue and franchise fees that are generated from the operations within your defined region. LIKE the Franchisor you do not have to be involved with the daily operations of each franchise, but instead Support, Assist and Manage your franchisees.
If you are fortunate enough to own the Master Franchise rights to an exciting concept that is growing you are able to generate consistent residual revenue from sharing in the royalties that the franchisees pay. The best kept secret of Master Franchising is that you are able to generate all these benefits without the upfront expense that the franchise company had to spend to develop the concept. Master Franchising is the ultimate EMPIRE BUILDING Business.
Master Franchising or Regional Developers usually have numerous revenue streams. Each company is unique, but usually the following are some basic parameters:
Company own site: The Master Franchise or Regional Developer usually operates at least one unit within their defined region. There are tremendous economies of scale for the Master Franchise is able to operate their corporate office out of their site. In addition their franchise fees are usually half of what a franchisee pays, and therefore can be a very profitable operation.
Franchise Fees: Usually the Master Franchise or Regional Developer share equally the up front franchise fees. Typical Franchise Fees range from $20,000 to $50,000, and therefore the portion of the fee that a Master Franchisee earns would be $10,000 to $25,000.
Monthly Royalties: This is the GOLD. This is why you purchase the rights to develop a territory. As the Master Franchise or Regional Developer you share in the on going royalties with the franchise company. Typically you will receive between 2.5% to 5% of your franchisee’s revenue every month. This is a tremendous wealth creation vehicle for you and your heirs.
Additional Sources of Revenue: Depending upon the concept and your personal situation, some franchise companies allow for you to share in the profits from the sale of products and services.
Benefits of Master Franchising
• You are able to own an Entire Territory for many times less than the price of building one Fast Food Restaurant.
• You own an Exclusive Territory which you will receive Residual Income from that YOU are able to control.
• Excellent Life Style Business
• Tremendous Freedom to create an Empire Building Business
• You work ON your business INSTEAD of just in the business
• Ability to develop sites within your territory with the added bonus of being able to then sell them as an on going business, AND still keep your share of the monthly royalties.
• Acquire under performing units and turn them around with the option of either keeping them within your portfolio or sell them and receive your share of the monthly royalties, WITHOUT the worrying about the daily operations of the unit.
• Minimum Customers, for your franchisees are your customers. Your primary job is to help support and guide them. Remember you also have the support and help of the franchise company. Basically you are the coach to your franchisees. The easiest way to understand this is to think of the Franchisor (Franchise Company) as the Grandparents, You as the Master Franchisee or Regional Developer are the Parents, and your Franchisees are the Children.
• Minimal Employees, for your role as the owner of the company is to develop your territory and provide assistance to your franchisees. Until you develop market penetration very few employees are required; in fact many Master Franchises have at the most an administrative assistant and a trainer. Once your territory is developed a number of Master Franchisees or Area Developers are able to semi-retire and enjoy their monthly residual income which is created by the successful development of their franchise territory.
• You build equity and value in your business as you develop your territory. As you sell franchisees and build your own sites, the value of your business should be greatly affected in a positive manner. You have what most buyers of companies are looking for; GROWTH and RESIDUAL Income. You have the added benefit of being able to add additional franchises to your network, which should further increase the value of your business.
• You do not have to have any industry specific experience, except to have excellent communication and people skills. Remember you are NOT running each unit, you are instead overseeing all of your franchisees.
If you believe that you have the necessary skill sets to help grow a company, and desire to build a large empire with consistent residual income that Master Franchising might be just right for you. At Kensington Franchise Sales we can help you navigate the many choices that you have with our professional Master Franchise Experts. REMEMBER there is NEVER any cost to you.
We currently represent over a dozen exciting growing Master Franchise Opportunities.
To request more information please fill out the below form to begin the process…..